what is the purpose of this document?
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by or on behalf of Sabe Interactive Ltd when you apply to work for us. Sabe Interactive Ltd T/A Tappable, Bedford iLab, Priory Business Park, Stannard Way, Bedford, MK44 3RZ is the Data Controller. As a “data controller”, we are responsible for deciding how we process personal data about you.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This notice does not form part of any offer of employment and we may amend it at any time to reflect any changes in the way in which we process your personal data. If you are in the application process when any changes or updates are made to this notice, we will bring any such changes to your attention as soon as is practicable. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal data.
what the law says
We will comply with data protection law (GDPR). This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
the information we may collect
There are usually 2 stages to our recruitment process. Stage 1 consists of an initial application process which takes place online. We use a third party to provide this service on our behalf. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. The information about you we may collect, hold and process as part of the initial application process is set out below. “Personal data” is any information about a living individual from which they can be identified such as:-
- Your name
- Your address
- Date of birth
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Whether you need permission to work in the UK
- Whether you consider yourself disabled within the meaning of the Equality Act 2010
- Your gender, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or belief, sexual orientation
- Information as to any relevant criminal convictions
Stages 2 usually consists of a telephone and/or face to face interview conducted by Sabe Interactive Ltd. During this process we may access and view any of the above information and we usually take notes of these interviews recording information relating to the interview(s). As part of the recruitment process we may ask you to complete psychometric assessments relevant to the job. We use a third party service provider. We may share your application data with this third party.
Once you join Sabe Interactive Ltd, we may use your image for recruitment purposes, such as to help candidates understand our culture at Sabe Interactive Ltd on our social media platforms. If we choose to write an article about you, using your full name (this may also include featuring you in a video), you will be asked do this personally and / or asked to sign a consent form to give your consent.
how we use your personal information
The above information is used to find you suitable work at Sabe Interactive Ltd.
- To find out more about your skills and experience
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
- Where you agree that we may do so to keep your information on our files to keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
The information relating to whether you consider yourself as disabled is used for the purposes of considering whether there are any workplace adjustments that are reasonably required. The information about gender, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation are only used for the purposes of Equal opportunities monitoring. The information as to any relevant criminal convictions is used in order to assess your suitability to carry out work at Sabe Interactive Ltd. We only consider criminal convictions that are not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. The information relating to whether you need permission to work in the UK is used to decide whether we are able to lawfully employ you to work in the UK.
automated decision making
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. We are allowed to use automated decision-making in the following circumstances:
- Where we have notified you of the decision and given you 21 days to request a reconsideration. If an applicant wishes to appeal a decision where they have been rejected from an application, they may appeal to email@example.com
- Where it is necessary to perform the contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
If we make an automated decision on the basis of any particularly sensitive personal information, we must have either your explicit written consent or it must be justified in the public interest, and we must also put in place appropriate measures to safeguard your rights.
how we hold the information
The personal information set out above is stored on the computer system of our third party provider and is accessed by authorised Sabe Interactive Ltd employees for the purposes of recruitment. Any interview notes taken by Sabe Interactive Ltd employees are stored and maintained by Sabe Interactive Ltd for the purposes of recruitment.
disclosure of your information
Your information will not be disclosed to any organisation outside of Sabe Interactive Ltd except for any third party service providers involved with our recruitment activities. However it may be necessary to share your data with Government agencies such as HM Revenue and Customs, or the Home Office or legal advisors.
Once an offer of work has been accepted by you we will ask you to provide further information at that stage to enable us to enter into an employment or working relationship with you. In the event that you enter into employment or another working relationship with us we may then store and retain the information set out above as part of your personnel file and use it for the purposes of your employment. At that stage you will be provided with a further privacy notice.
your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during our recruitment process.
nder certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access: to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction: of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No fee usually required: You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
what we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
who to contact
If you have any questions or concerns comments regarding our data processing practices you can contact our data protection compliance manager at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on data protection (including your right to complain about the use of your personal data) can be found on The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), website www.ico.org.uk